Update June 12, 2020
- Tightened matchmaking parameters to prevent severely imbalanced matches. This is a stop-gap measure until player rank levels are more fully integrated.
- Made 1.5 cards per turn the default in hero draft.
- Players now unlock one early complexity tier 2 hero in their third pack, and an early complexity tier 3 hero in their tenth pack.
- Combat stats are now locked in before combat resolves; Drow dying early doesn’t change the result of later lanes, and Bloodseeker’s passive doesn’t change his stats mid-combat.
- Press to Win button now takes lane resolution order into account.
- Cards that deploy heroes now do Deploy effects.
- Added constructed matchmaking chat channel which allows you to challenge users in the channel without being friends with them. The main menu now contains a button to join the channel.
- Chat now respects Steam community bans.
- Removed in-game chat. Bubble chat boxes on towers/units are still allowed.
- Rainbow Magic will now show a tick on the campaign map when completed.
- Fixed deck builder not indicating if you’ve built a deck that isn’t legal for constructed.
- Dragon Knight no longer puts a tower enchantment into play when damaging a tower in Dragon Form; instead you will see fumes on the tower to indicate the Decay is still active.
- Color-shifted cards make cards of the new color. For instance, the card created by a blue Culling Blade will also be blue.
- Attempting to bounce rooted units no longer breaks the game.
- Retaliate border shows up again under normal arrow conditions.
- Timber Chain no longer damages multiple enemies en route to another lane when Timbersaw is rooted.
- Each Homefield Advantage disarms a different unit when stacked in the same lane.
- Eartshaker’s Rocks no longer trigger death effects.
- Mjolnir only triggers when the hero can attack.
- Fixed a bug where equipping items could trigger Aghanim’s Sanctum or The Tyler Estate in another lane.
- Pressing to win no longer gives out Blink Scrolls.
- Fixed a bug where Sheep Stick could target friendly units.
- Added Root to the glossary.
- Clarified Quickstrike in the glossary; only works in the combat phase.
- Clarified Summon in the glossary.
- Effects that replace melee creep now state that they are summoned rather than deployed.
- Vendetta now specifies that it works cross lane.
- Play Effect glossary entry updated to include non-creep cards.
- Arctic Burn now specifies that it works cross lane.
- Increased Body Modifications unlock tier: 1 -> 3.
- Decreased Bracers of Sacrifice damage 5 -> 4.
- Changed Essence Font from a Unit Enchantment to a Caster Enchantment and restricted its refund effect to spells and abilities cast in its lane.