Features and New Improvements
- Cloud saves have been enabled! Use the new buttons on the Load Game screen to move your saves for cloud syncing.
- Automatic save file migration to one-folder-per-colony:
- New save file migration window reorganizes save files into one folder per colony.
- Auto Save deleting policy is now per colony, i.e 10 max auto saves for each colony.
- New Colony list on load screen, where selecting a colony enters a second page to view the associated saves within it.
- Added a "Default to Cloud" option in game options, and a "Save To Cloud" setting per colony.
- Choosing "Sync ALL to cloud/local" will also update the default.
- Load screen has an indicator to show how to start using cloud saves. (Goes away after 5 appearances, or after the user clicks on the button.).
- Oil Well now dumps and takes damage from incorrect liquids, rather than storing them and getting blocked.
- Oil Well now has better logic to keep it from getting stuck pumping if something goes wrong with it.
- Fix Petroleum Generators from getting stuck if they’re supplied with mixed fuels, now they seamlessly change over.
Systems and Simulation
- Fixed partial heat transfer increasing energy and flaking fountain.
- Fixed Fish Feeder flaking.
- Fixed both Heavi-Watt Wire Bridges from flaking and doubling mass on melt.
- One cell buildings should no longer flake when melting.
- Clarified Petroleum Generator description.
- Fixed artifacts not being generated if they are the last artifact of a tier.
- Fixed power networks sometimes becoming overloaded when they are exactly at their power limit.
UI and Text
- Fixed scaling issues for anims in the UI (notably, Duplicant portraits at high resolutions).
- "More Info" on the error includes the actual error message in addition to the stack trace.
- Enlarged the clickable area to close message notifications so that it’s easier to dismiss them.
- Clarified "level up" notification.
- "Save As" dialog now shows saves (not auto saves). Also inserts the save name and selects it.
- Updated localization strings for Chinese, Korean, Russian languages.
- Small style changes to the new game and load game buttons in the main menu.
- Removed the Sushi entry from the Database codex as it was removed from the game long ago.
- Daily Reports screen no longer crashes when hovering the domestic critter tooltip.
- Batch symbol override assignments to avoid call overhead, saves 2-3% of frametime.
- Remove duplicate entries in Offsets, saves 1-2% of frame in fetch cost calculations.
- Push back sort order for Assignable-related chore preconditions, saves 5-6% frametime.
- Replace ArrayRefs in ScenePartitioner with HashSet for 5% frametime savings.
- Small optimization to Symbol Override system ~.5% frametime by removing unnecessary data copying.
- Small optimizations to Symbol Override system ~2% of frametime by changing the way we look up symbols and removing some debugging.
- Facegraph optimization, saves about 1.5% frametime on Dupe stress test.
- Optimized the way Dupes think about toilets. Saves about 4% of frametime for colonies with many Dupes.
- Further optimizations to toilet selection. Can have huge benefits for large numbers of Dupes and toilets: ~20% of the frame on a Dupe stress-test colony.
Filesystem and Backend
- When deleting a save, now tries to remove the png as well.
- When removing files, now tries to remove the empty folder.
- Upgraded to Unity 2019.4.14.
- Upgraded FMOD to 2.01.05.
- Fixed bug in Mod "archived_versions", causing failures for archived versions of mods downloaded from the Steam Workshop.
- Mods: Error message when failing to load a building now specifies the name of the building and the mod that it comes from.
Final patch from the preview branch
- Added a cloud/local button on the new game screen so it’s more clear what the current setting is.
- "Back" is now localizable on the Load Game screen.
- Fix formatting of the "Growth Halted" status item so it’s less confusing.
- Can no longer create colonies with duplicate names (old colonies with duplicate names will still work, but will get migrated to/from cloud together).
- Fix error migrating colonies with duplicate names.
- Don’t delete the autosaves for a different colony with duplicate names, only for the current colony.
- Hide the "Cloud saves tutorial" bouncer if cloud saves are not available.