Update December 10, 2020
- Fixed script issues in 1939 related to German localization.
- It is now possible to purchase organic transports for captured AA units in SCW.
- Engineers now properly speed up entrenchment of adjacent units.
- Soviet motorcycle now has soviet soldiers attached to it.
- DK motorcycle now has CloseFighter trait, like all other motorcycle recons.
- Famous and Legendary heroes now award correct prestige bonus. Also, removed hard-coded numbers from trait icons.
- Fixed SkilledRecon and ExpertRecon traits.
- Fixed LastStand trait.
- Fixed availability of organic transport for South African units.
- JPG screenshots are now properly deleted together with the save.
- Various other small fixes and tweaks.
- Deadly Grasp trait now works between the player and AI ally.
- Split, Merge and Swap commands can now be taken back too if "movement only" undo mode is used.
- Added four positive and four negative player traits:
- Meticulous Planning. All ground units get two movement actions instead of one, which allows them to move in two steps (without increasing the total amount of movement points.
- Force Concentration. Can assign one extra hero to every unit.
- Terrain Expert. Friendly units get +1 base entrenchment in any terrain, even in open ground and when crossing rivers.
- Aggressive Deployment. Friendly units do not lose their attack action when deploying from organic transports.
- Arrogant. Does not get any combat predictions.
- Force Dispersion. Can assign maximum 1 hero per unit.
- Ruthless. Never accepts surrender.
- Slow Reaction. Friendly units do not shoot back when attacked by the enemy.
- Added new special challenges (selectable in Advanced Options when starting the game):
- Mass desertions. Every unit has a 50% chance to lose 1 point of strength at the beginning of its turn. For elite units, this chance decreases by 10% with each star.
- Berserk Rage. Enemy units gain +1 attack and +1 defense for every point of strength they lose.
- The Collector. Cannot purchase or upgrade to unit types which are already present in the army.
- Army of Cowards. Units attacked by the enemy will always retreat, no matter how many losses they took.
- Uphill Battle. With each passing turn, enemy units get slightly stronger by gaining a small bonus to attack, defense, accuracy or initiative.
- Heroic Showdown. At the beginning of the battle, each enemy unit on the map is assigned a random hero.
- "General Edition" and the DLCs are now displayed in the game’s Main Menu.
- Disbanded units no longer show up in "killed units" list.
- "Limited deployment" warning now appears only on deployment phase.
- Deployment phase panel will now disappear immediately when the AI opponent moves first.
- The shop will now display units using the right skin for the current scenario.
- The game will now remember the last entered commander name, and will fill it in the commander selection screen by default.
- It is no longer possible to extend unit list beyond the right screen border.
- Units in reserve are no longer included in the mission result screen.
- Reworked road implementation. Roads are now less likely to get lost in relief and consume less resources.
- Improved memory usage on large maps (like Kursk).
- Improved loading speed of some maps.
- Made several fixes in the implementation of "guard unit" order.
- Random maps can now use Southern Europe and (occasionally) Africa locations.
- Implemented tournament support (beta).
- Implemented Steam Workshop support.
- Added mod manager to the Main Menu (MODS -> MOD MANAGER). The Editor is also invoked from MODS submenu now.
- Improved implementation of Gamma Correction option. If game image looks too light/washed out for you, try to reduce the gamma below the default.
- Added an option to show movement arrow outside movement zone. This allows to easier plan movement to remote locations.
- Fixed item size in "Place Units" list resetting in some cases.
- Added missing flags for Condor Legion, Communist Spain and Denmark.
- Added a safeguard against the Editor starting minimized when window position settings in Registry get messed up.