- Progression: Gaining Experience and Leveling Up has been rebuilt from the ground-up.
- Clubs: You can now form a ’Club’ with other players and participate in Club Matches.
- Rocket Pass 1 will go live one week after this update’s release.
- Match Forfeit adjustments.
- Real-time text filtering has been added for Player Names, Clubs, and Tournaments.
- Rocket Pass 1 will go live the week after this update is released.
Achievements and Trophies
- ’Join the Club!’.
- ’Together is Better’.
- ’New Challenger’.
- ’People Person’.
- ’Squad Goals’.
- ’Best of the Bunch’.
CHANGES AND UPDATES
- The Garage Tabs have been reordered to make Goal Explosions easier to access.
- Increased Maximum Keys allowed in a single trade to 200.
- [Steam] Added "Particle Detail" to Video Options.
- [Nintendo Switch] Text Size of UI is now adjusted between Docked and Undocked states.
- Spectator Camera: Player hotkeys are now synchronized across all spectators.
- Updated visuals on some Arenas to better handle alternate team colors.
- Added controller vibration when you matchmake into a game.
- Gaining Experience and Leveling Up have been rebuilt from the ground-up.
- Experience (XP).
- You can now only earn XP in Online Casual & Competitive Matches.
- XP is now primarily based on Match Length, not your score.
- You earn a scaling amount of XP for each second of a match, including Overtime, up to a maximum of 20 minutes.
- A match must be at least 60 seconds long to reward any XP.
- New match XP bonuses have been added, including:
- Consecutive Games (when you stay in the same Casual server).
- Backfill (when you replace a bot in a Casual match).
- Weekly Wins.
- Each day, you accumulate 2 Weekly Win bonuses, up to a maximum of 14 (one week’s worth).
- Each win earns +200% XP and consumes one of your bonus wins.
- XP is only rewarded if a match is completed.
- Forfeiting a match counts as match completion.
- Match Stats that grant Score have been revised to focus on important events.
- Goals, Assists, Saves, Clears, etc. all still give Score and a notification.
- First Touch, Aerial Hit, Bicycle Hit, and Juggle Hit no longer award Score.
- These stats are still tracked and updated for your Career Stats page.
- From Level 20 upward, Levels now require a flat amount of XP instead of taking progressively longer to earn.
- The Level 75 cap has been removed; there is no longer a Level cap.
- All players have been converted to a new Level based on multiple factors, including total Online Matches played and total XP earned.
- Players Level 40 and below convert to roughly the same level as before.
- Players above Level 40 convert to a higher level than before.
- Players who have been capped at Level 75 for some time will gain extra Levels based on total Online Matches played.
- Added a new Customization Item: Avatar Borders.
- You unlock new Avatar Borders by leveling up in addition to Titles.
- You can select a Border and customize its coloration from the Garage submenu.
- Borders are unlocked every 25 Levels up to Level 300, after which they are unlocked every 50 Levels.
- Uncommon / "Online" Drops.
- You will now receive a random Uncommon or higher item every time you Level up.
- Uncommon items and higher will no longer drop randomly after matches.
- Common / "Offline" Drops.
- You will now unlock all Common items for a specific Customization Item slot simultaneously, rather than one at a time.
- Each slot’s Common items are unlocked after a set number of total matches played (Online or Offline).
- You will not lose access to any Common items you have already unlocked.
- Titles are now awarded to your account for reaching specific Levels.
- You will retain any Titles you have previously earned.
- You can equip any Title you have acquired via the "Titles" option in the Garage submenu, not just the highest-level one you possess.
- The ’Rookie’ and ’Semi-Pro’ Titles have been removed as part of this change to prevent players from equipping misleading titles for their skill level.
- Legacy XP Titles have had their level requirements adjusted for the new XP system.
- ’Veteran’: Level 20.
- ’Expert’: Level 40.
- ’Master’: Level 60.
- ’Legend’: Level 80.
- ’Rocketeer’: Level 100.
- Additional new titles are available every one hundred Levels after Level 100.
- Titles will also be available elsewhere, including Rocket Pass and Events.
- Forfeit Votes can no longer be triggered until 90 seconds have elapsed in a given Competitive Match.
- 1v1 Competitive Matches do not have the 90-second restriction.
- You can still Vote to Forfeit even after another player has left your team.
- Forfeiting allows you to still earn XP and rewards for a match.
- If you "Leave" early you will not earn XP.
- Players can now only trigger one Forfeit vote each unless everyone on their team has also initiated a Forfeit vote.
- You can now form a ’Club’ with other players.
- A Club consists of:
- A roster of up to 20 members.
- A Club Name.
- Between 3-32 characters.
- Club Names are not unique.
- A Club Tag.
- Between 2-4 characters.
- Shows before your username on banners, scoreboards, etc.
- e.g. [PSY] Devone.
- Club Tags are not unique.
- Club Colors.
- Primary & Secondary.
- Club Owner.
- The player who created the Club by default.
- Can add/remove members.
- Ownership can be transferred to another Club member by the owner.
- Club Owners must transfer ownership before they leave a Club.
Editing Your Club
- The Club owner can rename a Club (name & tag) once per week.
- The Club owner can change the Club’s colors with no restrictions.
- When a Casual or Competitive Match is created and if each team is composed entirely of members of a single Club (one per team), a "Club Match" will be activated.
- Club Matches change the team colors and stadium colors to Club colors.
- If the colors are too similar, we find a suitable color for one team by first attempting to use their Secondary color, then a neutral option.
- Club Members who wish to opt out of this functionality can enable "Force Default Team Colors" under Interface Options.
- Club Names will replace "Blue Team" and "Orange Team" on the scoreboard, and when goals are scored.
- Club Matches do not occur in 1v1 matches, Private Matches, or Tournaments.
- Clubs can set a Message of the Day (MOTD) to easily communicate to all members.
- The Private Match button in the Club Menu lets you quickly and easily create or join a lobby just for your Club.
- Clubs may be "Verified" which adds an exclusive checkmark by their name on the in-game scoreboard.
- This verification flag guarantees a particular club / player is the "real" one verified by Psyonix.
- Club Tags and Names are unique among Verified Clubs, but are not globally unique.
- Changing a Verified Club’s name or tag will cause it to lose verified status.
- Verification will only be made available to select partners and esports organizations.
- Clubs support cross-platform membership, but you will not be able to invite cross-platform players until the RocketID system is released later this year.
- Implemented a new real-time text filtering system that applies to the following cases on all platforms:
- Player Names.
- Club Names & Tags.
- Tournament Names and Team Names.
- [Steam] You may need to choose a new player name if your current player name is filtered out.
- Chat will be added to this filter system in a future update.
- Fixed Postgame Spotlight camera breaking if players left the match.
- When the "Match Notifications" option is set to Time Updates or Kickoffs Only, you will once again hear the audio cues for hidden notifications like "1 Minute Remaining".
- Fixed an issue that could cause reconnecting to a Ranked Match to fail.
- Fixed appearance of Painted ’Mainframe’ Decals.
- Fixed chat input being lost when an item popup occurs.
- Fixed an issue causing ball trail effects to shorten at high framerates.
- Fixed removing items from a trade by selecting them in the trade window.
- Fixed paint finish on ’89 Batmobile’.
- Trails are now properly aligned with Wheels on ’99 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34’.
- Thumbnail of Painted ’K2’ Wheels now display the correct color.
- Battle-Cars no longer spawn in as invisible to some players.
- Titanium White ’MDGA’ Decal no longer appears as grey.
- Event Currency notification now properly displays after a match ends.