CHANGES AND UPDATES
- The new Friends List allows you to add friends from other gaming platforms to Parties and Clubs.
- Accessible on the bottom menu bar next to Party Chat, it has four distinct tabs:
- This tab shows your Friends from the platform you’re playing on.
- You can invite these Friends to Parties and Clubs from this menu by clicking on their name.
- This tab shows your Friends on other platforms that you’ve added via RocketID.
- From here, you can select "Add Friend by RocketID" to search for a friend’s ID.
- You can input their name if you don’t know their full tag to do a search.
- Displays the last 25 players you played with or against that you aren’t already friends with.
- Shows any pending RocketID Friend Requests you’ve received as well as active Party Invites, Club Invites, and other Notifications.
- Your ’RocketID’ is assigned the first time you log in using your name plus a random four-digit code.
- If your name doesn’t pass our language filter, you’ll be assigned a temporary, auto-generated name like Octane#1234.
- You can change your RocketID at any time for any reason via the RocketID Tab.
- Show RocketIDs: Hide your RocketID from displaying in your Friends List (Under Options > Interface).
- Players can use this feature to hide their RocketID during a live broadcast.
- Notifications During Gameplay: Disable Friends List notifications during gameplay (Under Options > Interface).
- ’Curveball’ is now available as a Ball Physics Mutator.
- Available in Local Matches, Private Matches, and Tournaments.
- When enabled, this Mutator adds a curve effect to the ball’s trajectory based on its spin.
- Rocket League’s audio mix has been updated, including audio priority rebalancing, HDR audio, object elevation, and more.
- When watching a Replay, audio now appropriately speeds up or slows down along with the Replay video.
Competitive Season 9 Rewards
- Competitive Season 9 has ended. Titles and items will be awarded for your highest rank achieved during the season.
- Receiving Season 9 Rewards also requires successful completion of the appropriate Season Reward Levels.
- Season 9 Rewards are custom, non-tradeable Wheels.
- Bronze I or higher - Season 9 - Bronze Wheels.
- Silver I or higher - Season 9 - Silver Wheels + lower Wheels.
- Gold I or higher - Season 9 - Gold Wheels + lower Wheels.
- Platinum I or higher - Season 9 - Platinum Wheels + lower Wheels.
- Diamond I or higher - Season 9 - Diamond Wheels + lower Wheels.
- Champion I or higher - Season 9 - Champion Wheels + lower Wheels.
- Season 9 Grand Champion Rewards are unique new Titles.
- Competitive Grand Champion - ’Season 9 - Grand Champion’ In-Game Title + all Season 9 Wheels.
- Rumble Grand Champion - ’Season 9 - RNG Champ’ In-Game Title + all Season 9 Wheels.
- Dropshot Grand Champion - ’Season 9 - Floor Destroyer’ In-Game Title + all Season 9 Wheels.
- Hoops Grand Champion - ’Season 9 - Dunk Master’ In-Game Title + all Season Wheels.
- Snow Day Grand Champion - ’Season 9 - Blizzard Wizard’ In-Game Title + all Season 9 Wheels.
Competitive Season 10
- Competitive Season 10 begins.
- Season 10 brings a "soft reset" that requires you to do placement matches in each playlist to recalibrate your Rank.
- Winning half of your placement matches will land you near your previous season ranking.
- League Rankings will be temporarily empty until players complete their placement matches.
- All placement match wins count towards your Bronze Season Reward Level progress.
- Extra Modes (Dropshot, Hoops, Rumble, and Snow Day) are now available in Free Play.
- Extra Modes are only available on certain Arenas as labeled in the Free Play Arena selection window.
- You can now see how many Weekly Wins you have left on the experience screen at the end of a match.
- Game Stat Display Level: You can now control which in-game stat notifications you see during a match via the Options > Gameplay menu.
- No Stats: You will not receive any notification during matches.
- Main Stats Only: notifications for the following will appear:
- Epic Save.
- All Stats: All in-game notifications are displayed.
- "Input Buffer" option added to the Gameplay Options menu.
- This setting controls which method the game uses to send your gameplay inputs to our servers. These methods are:
- Legacy - The default option used since Rocket League launched.
- STS (Sim Time Scaling) - This allows the game server to instruct your client to very subtly speed up or slow down in order to maintain a smooth input stream.
- CSTS (Continuous Sim Time Scaling) - A more aggressive version of STS that uses a continuous feedback loop to determine game speed.
- Both STS and CSTS are newer strategies for latency mitigation that may be more effective for players with connectivity issues, spotty Wi-Fi, etc. than the Legacy method.
- If you experience connectivity issues during a match, you should try switching from Legacy to STS or CSTS. If you see no improvement, change back to Legacy.
- Fixed a bug preventing players from reconnecting to a match after a disconnection from the server.
- Please note that you will still not be able to rejoin if the match you were in has already ended.
- Fixed a bug causing spectator camera control UI to reappear after any goal is scored.
- Tournament creators no longer receive an error when trying to spectate matches.
- [Xbox One] The game app will no longer crash when returning from a suspended state when using Instant-on Mode.
- Fixed a bug causing trades involving 80 or more Keys to fail.
- Goal Explosions should no longer play on repeat after backing out of the Crate preview screen.
- Unrelated Customization Items will no longer appear under the ’Body’ tab after rapidly opening and closing the Garage menu.
- Chat sound no longer plays when entering Training while in a Party.
- Items will appear correctly in the trade window after removing and re-adding to the trade.
- Keys obtained through Rocket Pass will now stack with other Keys in your inventory.
- [Switch] The UI will no longer lag when scrolling through a long list of friends.
- The Special Edition label now appears when a Special Edition item is unlocked in Rocket Pass.