Update October 18, 2021
- Secret discovery, both passively and via Spy Network, has been reworked.
- Secrets now have an associated location, such that they can be passively discovered by the house of that location, or by a Spy Network on that location.
- Spy Network now reveals more of the petty secrets of the members of the ruling house of the target location.
- Spy Network can now be carried out on your home system and provides a defensive bonus against enemy spy networks.
- Spy Network now generates opportunities for disruption and sabotage on the target location.
- Spy Network now gradually reveals the residents of the target location, starting from the most important members of the ruling house.
- You can now extort non-ruler characters when you know one of their secrets (you can already blackmail rulers).
- Added a suggestion listing the characters you can extort or blackmail.
- The list of secrets now highlights those that cannot be revealed by you.
- Secrets now have an icon which when hovered shows the expected honor consequences of revealing the secret.
- The action to reveal a secret now shows the honor consequence to you from doing so.
- When asked to join a side in combat, it is no longer possible for all choices to be dishonorable.
- Beneficiaries of a crime no longer get negative opinion towards the actor, and cannot be charged to avenge it.
- The charged update now tells you whether ignoring the charge has a moral penalty.
- The charged update now explains by what right the character charged you, and (where appropriate) why they in turn had an obligation to do so.
- When you are charged, you now get the opportunity to deal with the charge immediately.
- The justice panel now provides a mechanism by which you can see the direct options you have to deal with a charge or grievance.
- The justice panel now seperates the charges you are obliged to deal with from the ones you are not.
- You can now offer to avenge a crime directly from the justice panel.
- Added action to fine a ruler for a larger amount.
- Added action to humiliate a noble on your system (1-sword crime/punishment). Nerve whipping is now a larger crime/punishment.
- Rulers and nobles now resolve charges more consistently.
- It is now a smaller crime to fire someone from the council.
- Beta German Localization! (you can change language in the top right of the main menu).
- You can now pet the dog.
- Tweaked game generation so it is less likely for your initial vassal barons to immediately betray you.
- You can now seduce characters that are part of your house.
- The "House" prefix for a house name is now mandatory.
- The star system summary now also shows unrest on system.
- Reduced cost of Spread Dissent to 30.
- Reduced per turn cost of Quell Unrest to 1.
- Many minor tweaks to UI, tooltips, in-game text, story events.
- Fixed two rare causes of the end of turn soft-lock.
- Fixed soft-lock when switching to the Vassals tab while appointing a ruler to a rebuilt colony.
- Fixed bug where per turn cost of Quell Unrest was not being deducted from house finances.
- You can no longer seduce characters in a faction with whom you are at war.
- Fixed bug where the player was not being told when a romantic partner broke up with them.
- It is no longer possible for a colony to have less than zero unrest.
- Fixed issue where a character would push a claim to rule an unknown system or faction.
- The "Cover Up" suggestion is no longer shown for secrets that are already being covered up, or which cannot be covered up.
- Fixed issue where some secrets where not prompting the "Cover Up" suggestion.
- Fixed issue where not all unmarried house members were showing up in the suggestion to marry off your house members.
- Fixed bug where sometimes you would bring along your dead spouse to a feast.
- Fixed issue where reputation and happiness bars in bottom toolbar where sometimes not drawn correctly.
- Fixed issue where the game would still say a mod is enabled after it was manually removed from the Mods directory.
Modding - Intrigue
- Added "Secrets Associated With" source.
- Added "Can Be Revealed By" filter.
- Added "Do Secret Cannot Reveal" effect.
- Added Secret List Matcher.
- Added Passed Secret Matcher.
- Enabled secret properties in Branching outcome weight calculation.
Modding - General
- It is now possible to hide decision choices in Creator, if their prerequisites are not met.
- Added option to randomize results from a list matcher.
- Added "Home System Of" filter.
- Added "Is Resident Of" filter.
- Added "Modify Skill Level Worst" effect.
- Added "Modify Skill Level Best" effect.
- Added "crIcon" text function that prints the money icon.
- Added Passed Assignment Matcher.
- Added "Effectiveness In Assignments Targetting This Character" flag effect.
- Added "Sub Story Event List" effect.
- Added "Matcher - Assignment Count" calculation.
- Added Assignment List Matcher.
- Added "Active Assignments" house property.
- The "Do Divorce" effect now handles the scenario where the character has no spouse gracefully.
- Added "domainOf" text function.