Update April 13, 2021
- Added Sun Tzu AI Lord.
- Added the Freebuild panel, allowing players to do the following in Freebuild:
- Launch invasions.
- Acquire free gold and diplomacy points.
- Turn on Events.
- Added new Freebuild map ’Hillside Fortress’.
- Turrets and engine platforms can no longer be placed on walls standing on unpathable terrain.
- Roads can now be connected through gatehouses when tiles are placed on both ends of the gatehouse.
- Note: road pieces will not appear visibly underneath gates, we are working on this for the next update.
- Greatly improved the appearance of ponds.
- Fixed the landscape textures sometimes disappearing when task switching or changing resolution.
- Fixed the Diplomacy Map not scaling properly on ultrawide resolutions.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when weapon workshops were destroyed by fire.
- Water is no longer visible off the edges of Open Plains and Wide Open Plains.
- Added some missing pathing tiles on Jungle Clearing.
- Walls, roads and gunpowder trails can no longer be placed in rivers, ponds or seas.
- Fixed the wrong scribe speech sometimes being played when selecting work buildings with missing workers.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause troops in rabble formation move backwards when targeting enemies.
- Fixed knocked back troops being able to move if given a command momentarily before the knockback began.
- Fixed a case where ninjas could get stuck when jumping off/onto walls just on the edge of a cliff.
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred due to gatehouse flags being removed.
- Fix for the Keep roofs not hiding when Lords were atop them.
- Vertical Sync is now On by default when first launching the game.
- Added functionality to allow users to change keyboard input language while in-game.
- Better support for languages that use non-Latin characters.
- Player estates now show the relevant Lord’s name in campaign missions.
- General and Lord units now use a pickaxe when destroying walls.
- Fixed a missing Qin Shi Huang line in Armies of Yan.
- Edicts are picked slightly more reliably on normal difficulty.
- The AI now prioritises more expensive attack edicts when it has a high diplomacy point income.
- The AI is better at steadily upgrading warlords as its own castle grows.
- Fixed a bug that could let the AI block off the top of stairs with buildings.
- The AI starts building weapons workshops slightly earlier.
- AIs that do not use tea will now sell all their tea automatically.
- Fixed a case where the AI could get stuck if it ran out of food and had no more workers on rice fields. The AI will now turn other work buildings to sleep if it needs workers on rice fields quickly.
- Fixed a case where attacking armies could get stuck moving to a warlord estate before a siege camp has been placed in it.
- Fixed an issue with the AI not correctly detecting when it needs iron for troop weapons.
- Weapons workshops are now placed in a layout which makes it harder for workers to get stuck due to the building layout.
- Addressed some issues where troops in attacking armies could get stuck, in particular when caught on armoury roofs.
- Fixed a case where armies could get stuck because they were trying to assemble at a target siege camp position on an enemy estate.
- Fixed the "free gold per minute" parameter to correctly allow AIs to be modded to receive extra gold.
- The amount of gold AIs receive on Extreme difficulty can now also be modded by a parameter called "extreme_free_gold_percentage".
- Fixed the keyboard keys moving the camera when the scenario editor is open.
- Further increased the render distance.
- The Dragon Gate left and right pieces can now be placed separately as individual objects.
- New control icons.