Update March 22, 2021
- Attacking aircraft with only the fighter flight leader now assigns all followers to also attack.
- AI no longer launches new scouts against a player group that is already spotted (multiple existing scouts looking for player may still vector to it though).
- AI no longer launches aircraft against scouts.
- AI locations now correctly apply cool down on launching aircraft.
- Air groups no longer spot contacts or generate encounters outside allowed Air Operation hours.
- Corrected Campaign Summary RULES display of air Op hours which started 1 hour too early.
- Starting a Campaign engagement should no longer fail to load due to badly damaged enemy ships.
config.txt added new variables
- aircraftLandCooldown:240 seconds applied to each aircraft landing at a location or ship.
- aircraftDestroyedCooldown:600 seconds applied immediately after an engagement for each aircraft destroyed (Locations only).
- postAirBreakSwitchTargetProb:[0.0,0.2], probability for player,enemy aircraft to switch to nearest target after preforming a dogfight break turn.
- RULES detection ranges converted to imperial/metric and units displayed.
- Other aircraft acting as scouts no longer generate encounters once IGNORE is used on them.
- config.txt added "campaignLocationRadiiFactor":1.0 to edit the radius displayed for location detection ranges.
- yamato/42.txt corrected deck and funnel armor.
- Campaign setup.txt files added 2 variables for AI scoutings behaviour:
- config.txt campaignMapInertiaDuration:0.1 to assist with users having run away map inertia.
- Added new Option for "Simple Camp. Map Drag" so that campaign map drags in same manner as tactical map.
- default/language/dictionary/generat.txt added StratMapSpeed=Simple Camp. Map Drag.
- Added gridlines to strategic map graphic.
- config.txt "showCampaignLocationRadii":true to display max airfield and port detection ranges.
- Engagements now sort nearby units by distance to find the closest valid Sea and Air groups to place into combat.
- Engagements now always reveal the enemy icon.
- Sea group postEngagementTimer only applied after an engagement if any opposing ship was present and remains unsunk.
- Added a check for corrupt ammunition data which should (mostly) allow correct loading of TACTICAL.
- WORLD changed to TACTICAL in tutorial 12 page 7.
- Fixed Air groups that would sometimes ignore detected player ships.
- No valid firing solution message no longer displayed by AI units.
- Museum correctly displays name of last selected unit when using filters.
- Campaign paused whenever entering TACTICAL view.
- When possible, AI carriers now deploy a fighter wing when engaged (CAP).
- When possible, AI carriers now also deploy a bomber wing when engaged by a player Sea group.
- Player may IGNORE an engagement with a single enemy aircraft (fighter, bomber etc) as they are almost always acting as a scout.
- Other AI aircraft types acting as scouts now correctly report player positions as the Scout subclass does.